Young Professionals Committee
Our community of supporters has not only enabled our programs to grow and flourish but created boundless opportunities for our young people to access: mentorship, service learning projects, internships, mentorship and more.
With the launch of our Young Professionals Committee (YPC) in Summer 2018, our goal is to build a collective of volunteers under 40 who are rising leaders in the fields of art, community organizing, finance, education, marketing, tech and everything in between, who are committed to moving our work forward by dedicating their time, talent and passion to DreamYard.
Benefits of being a YPC member include:
Networking opportunities with other dedicated young professionals, social change agents & the DreamYard Board of Directors
Gaining experience in & knowledge of the non-profit sector, including event planning & outreach, & access to leadership opportunities within the YPC
Invitations to exclusive DreamYard events and performances across NYC
- Being a leader and catalyst for positive change in the lives of young people!
The success of DreamYard’s YPC relies on members who:
- Attend at least one YPC, DY event or service day within each year of membership
- Share their YPC experience within their networks and invite others to YPC activities and events
- Believe that access to the arts and a quality education is an essential component for the future success of our young people
- Commit to identifying and uplifting the power and cultural assets that exist within our Bronx community of educators, artists, dreamers, young people and life-long learners, and encourage the principles of justice, unity, equity, creativity, and joy
- Leverage their personal and professional skills and networks to further the mission of DreamYard
- Join quarterly check ins with DreamYard liaisons and YPC members via email and/or phone, providing updates, dates for upcoming events and opportunities
Ready to get involved?
Young Professionals Committee Members 2018-19